Sunday, December 30, 2012

Slacker!!!

Sorry I have been such a slacker in posting things on the blog. I have kind of hit a spot I never thought I would be in--not wanting to be on the computer. No, that is not quite correct. I just don't want to write or create on the computer.

My duties on our mission have me training new Family History Center directors over the phone, one-on-one. I absolutely love that part. The hard part is writing and sending the follow-up email after the training. That is the part that is burning me out to wanting to post to the blog. My follow-up emails tend to be lengthy and in much detail so they take a lot of time to write. . . so when I get home at night, the last thing I want to do is type long posts.

I have never been really good at letter writing, as many of you can vouch, because I tend to be really long winded and write way too much and in too much detail--just like right now. When I was 15, I had a really good friend who moved back to Pittsburgh where her family was from. I vowed to keep her informed of all that was going on in Idaho Falls. I would send her 50, yes 50, page letters. I guess that is where it all began.

I have never been really good at keeping a journal because again, I get too long winded and it takes too much time to write in such great detail. On our last mission I was really faithful in keeping a journal for the first 6-7 months and then things started to falling apart the last 5 months. We also had a family blog that fell apart because I didn't keep it up like I should have!

This time I was going to be better. Blogs are so popular and I read lots of them, so surely I could keep up like all those other bloggers. I thought that this blog could serve two purposes: 1. Keep everyone informed about what was going on with us, thus eliminating writing letters and 2. It could serve as a journal of sorts. I just forgot one thing--blogging is just another name for writing letters that reach lots of people at one time AND journaling. So. . .my long windedness has not gone away and I have fallen again into the trap of getting behind.

Since it is 30 Dec and there are just 1.5 days left in this year 2012, I am again reflecting on the past and projecting for the New Year. I will try better to post more often because I really do have a lot to share with you. This is an amazing experience and I do want everyone to know what is going on. I will be posting about things that have happened over the last several months and they may be late and a little out of date but I hope you still enjoy them!

May your New Year--2013--be the best ever!!!! May you enjoy good health, happiness and joy in life around you.


No comments:

Post a Comment